Storm Forces One Family from Home | SLIDESHOW | Weather
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- One family has been forced from their home after strong winds caused structural damage.
Scott Kerr said the county building inspector looked at his home on Orchard Pond Drive and saw that the wall had been separated.
The winds blew through around 2:30 a.m., about the time a tornado warning was in effect for the area.
PICTURES: Storm Damage on the First Coast
Chief Loren Mock with Clay County Fire Rescue said he was unsure if the wind was a tornado or not, but a few homes and several yards in the Harvest Bend neighborhood have suffered damage.
Kerr had siding peeled from the home in addition to the structural damage, and he is one of several neighbors who have damaged fences and broken trees littering their yards.
the Red Cross is in the area and is providing the Kerrs with accommodations while their home is repaired.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment