New exit ramp opens on I-295 to Blanding Boulevard | Transportation
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A new exit ramp on I-295 southbound to Blanding Boulevard opened today.
Drivers will be using a new service road near Morse Avenue. It is about 1.5 miles from the old Blanding Blvd. exit, which will remain permanently closed.
The Department if Transportation constructed the new shift in hopes of alleviating congestion on I-295 at the Blanding and Collins Road exits by separating local traffic using the new service roads from through traffic.
The DOT will soon begin work on the second service road near Collins Road
This is all part if a $63.4 million project that started in February 2011. The DOT said it should be finished by the end of the year.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment