Police: Teacher arrested after cocaine found in her classroom | News
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- A fifth-grade Plantation Oaks Elementary School teacher was arrested Wednesday afternoon after cocaine was allegedly found in her purse in her classroom.
Ashlea Eucker, 23, is facing a felony charge of Possession of a Controlled Substance and a misdemeanor charge of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, according to a Clay County Sheriff's Office arrest report.
Eucker was meeting with school administrators when the cocaine was discovered in her purse, according to CCSO spokesperson Mary Justino.
A school counselor offered to retrieve Eucker's purse from her classroom so she could go home, according to the arrest report.
Eucker told the counselor it was in her desk drawer and asked that her purse be zipped up.
While trying to zip the purse up, the counselor saw a small bag of white powder and a straw sticking out, the arrest report stated.
First Coast News was directed by Justino to contact the Clay County School District on Eucker's employment status and has not yet heard back.
Eucker's first court appearance will most likely be Thursday morning, Justino said.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment