Major delays on I-295 southbound after crash on the Buckman Bridge | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A crash involving an overturned vehicle on the Buckman Bridge southbound snarled traffic on I-295 Tuesday morning.
The accident happened just before 6 a.m. and blocked two southbound lanes on the Buckman Bridge. Witnesses that drove by the scene said an SUV flipped over.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, they are investigating the crash as a hit and run. No further details have been released.
Southbound traffic was at a standstill beyond Blanding Boulevard until the lanes were reopened around 7:45 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment