Deputies arrest two men after police chase | News
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- A high-speed chance that began in Orange Park ended in Green Cove Springs Monday night with two arrested, according to the Clay County Sheriff's.
When deputies tried to talk to Devon Proctor, who was driving, about an equipment violation he sped off, according to Lt. Coldiron with CCSO.
Proctor tried to run his vehicle into an officer's police cruiser, Coldiron said. Then he jumped out of the vehicle and ran off.
Coldiron said deputies arrested Proctor and Theodore Brown at the end of the chase.
Brown was arrested and charged with resisting arrest, according to CCSO.
Four occupants were in the vehicle during the chase, the other two were released.
Proctor had two outstanding warrants out of Clay County and one outstanding warrant in Baker County.
Procotor was charged with aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, possession of crack cocaine, which he allegedly thrown out of his car during the chase and ended up on the deputy's car and road, according to Coldiron. He was also charged with fleeing and eluding, and driving on a revoked driver's license.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment