FHP releases name of motorcyclist killed | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A motorcyclist was killed after being struck by a vehicle on Wilson Boulevard Wednesday morning.
The crash happened before 6:45 a.m. in the eastbound lanes of Wilson Blvd. at the intersection with Interstate 295.
According to police at the scene, the motorcycle's driver, 49-year-old Gary Dunn, was following a truck traveling on Wilson Blvd. The driver of a third vehicle, being driven by 26-year-old Danielle Turpin, didn't realize the motorcycle was behind the truck and turned to get onto the I-295 onramp.
Turpin's car struck the motorcycle. Dunn was taken to Shands with life-threatening injuries, but he did not survive.
All eastbound lanes of Wilson Blvd. were blocked from Old Middleburg Road to I-295 for more than two hours but have since been reopened.
FHP said charges in the crash are pending.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment