Fatal Crash in Clay County | News
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- A 24-year-old motorcyclist has died after a Clay County deputy tried to pull him over.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol early this morning around 2 deputy spotted three motorcyclists speeding and driving recklessly on Blanding Boulevard.
When he tried to pull them over on Aurora Boulevard the police report says they took off at a high rate of speed in different directions.
The deputy lost site of all of the bikers but then found one of the motorcycles on its side in a resident's yard. That driver, Kory Deyton of Orange Park, was pronounced dead at Orange Park Hospital this morning.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment