Woman shot by her husband Wednesday has died | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- A woman who was shot by her husband at Life Care Center on Wednesday has died.
Patricia Stanton, 68, died Friday at Orange Park Medical Center, according to a release from Mary Justino of the Clay County Sheriff's Office.
"Her condition steadily declined since the shooting to the point of being put on life support," Justino said. "She passed away today shortly after being removed from life support."
Stanton's husband, 75-year-old James, went to the Life Care Center on Wednesday afternoon and shot Patricia. He then turned the gun on himself and he died.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment