Clay school board special meeting canceled | News
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- Carol Studdard, chairman of the Clay County School
Board, has canceled a special board meeting that
was to be held on Friday at 7 p.m. regarding the county's school superintendent position.
The meeting was originally set during Tuesday night's School Board meeting after
Board Member Janice Kerekes called for an emergency item, according to
Darlene Mahla, public relations officer with Clay County Public Schools.
Studdard canceled the meeting on advice from the school board's attorney.
Kerekes wants the superintendent position to be an appointed position instead of an elected position.
Mahla said Kerekes wants this because very few counties in Florida still have the superintendent as an elected position.
Kerekes wants the position on the November ballot because the district is growing, Mahla said.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment