Lynyrd Skynyrd at Orange Park Wal-Mart for CD signing | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- A band that will perform at events leading up to the Republican National Convention, makes a First Coast appearance.
Lynyrd Skynyrd held a CD signing at the Wal-Mart in Orange Park. Lynyrd Skynyrd will perform this Sunday, kicking off festivities at the RNC.
Lines of eager fans stretched through the length of the Blanding Boulevard Wal-Mart.
Front man, Johnny Van Zant, says he's excited to be back in the Jacksonville area.
"Oh, yeah man, definitely. You know what? There ain't nothing like home. It's good to be here in Orange Park, doing our thing and seeing our fans, you know. It's great to be home."
Sunday's concert is a fundraiser for a group that helps people in the military.
First Coast News
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment