Man arrested during 'Don't Play in Clay' sentenced to prison | News
GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Fla. -- An Orange Park man who was caught during the "Operation Don't Play in Clay" undercover sex sting in April was sentenced to seven years in prison and eight years of sex offender probation.
Ryan Schuerman, 28, pleaded guilty to soliciting a child via computer to engage in sexual conduct, traveling to meet a minor to do unlawful acts, use of a two-way communication device to facilitate a felony, possession of less than 20 grams of cannibis and use or possess drug paraphernalia.
SLIDESHOW: "Operation Don't Play in Clay"
Suspects caught in the operation, including Scheurman, thought they were
arranging a meeting to have sex with a 14-year-old girl in Fleming
Island, but it was actually an officer on the other end.
RELATED: Man arrested in sex sting sentenced to prison
Numerous agencies, including the FBI, the FDLE and the Clay County
Sheriff's Office, helped to conduct the five-day sting. A total of 20
people were arrested, according to the State Attorney's Office.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment