Clay County deputies searching for bank robber | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Clay County Sheriff's Office deputies are currently searching for a bank robbery suspect.
Earlier today, deputies and K-9 officers searched a wooded area
behind the Compass Bank located at 536 Blanding Boulevard, according to a
news release from Clay County Sheriff's Office Public Information
Officer Mary Justino.
Justino said the suspect is described as a white male with black,
curly hair (possibly a wig), wearing a blue bandana and a black shirt.
The suspect was armed with a handgun, but did not fire the weapon during
the robbery. Justino said there were no injuries related to the
After the man demanded money from the bank teller, he fled on foot into the wooded area.
Justino said there is a large law enforcement presence in the area.
Residents and motorists are asked to be cautious and to call 911 if
they have any information that may help police or if they see the
If you have any information about the suspect, contact the Clay
County Sheriff's Office at 904-264-6512 or Crime Stoppers with any
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment