Kutting for Kids this weekend at Orange Park Mall | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- This Saturday, the 13th Annual Kutting for Kids Cut-A-Thon will take place at the Orange Park Mall from noon to 4 p.m.
PHOTO GALLERY: 2011 Kutting for Kids before and after photos
Sponsored by First Coast News WTLV 12/WJXX 25, the event features live music, free entertainment and free haircuts for all hair donors.
Donations will benefit Locks of Love, a public nonprofit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children suffering from long-term medical hair loss either from alopecia areata, radiation treatments, burns or other dermatological or medical conditions.
It is estimated that of the hair donors, 80% are children themselves.
Guidelines for hair donations are as follows:
- Must be at last 10", clean and dry.
- Must not be bleached.
- Dyed or permed hair CAN be donated.
If your hair is too short to donate but you would still like to help out, monetary donations will be accepted and they are tax deductible. Volunteer stylists are also needed.
For additional information you are asked to please contact Lee Goodnight, Events Chairman.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment