Man drowns in Orange Park pool | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- A 42-year-old man drowned at the Plantation Oaks Athletic Center swimming pool Tuesday.
Cornelius Mayo was found by a security guard who was walking by the pool area of the Plantation Oaks Athletic Center, according to a news release from Clay County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Mary Justino. Mayo was on the bottom of the adults-only lap pool when the security guard found him.
Residents pulled Mayo out of the pool. One of the people who helped pull him out is a nurse and performed CPR in an attempt to resuscitate Mayo.
When rescue crews arrived at the amenity complex, they pronounced Mayo deceased, Justino said.
Justino said there is no foul play suspected.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment