Crash Snarls Traffic on I-295 and Blanding | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- An accident that appears to have involved multiple vehicles on Interstate 295 southbound has been cleared after blocking two lanes for more than two hours and causing major delays for morning drivers.
The crash happened minutes before 6 a.m. when emergency crews responded to the scene just after Blanding Boulevard.
Multiple vehicles were seen blocking the left emergency lane with police blocking the two left lanes of southbound traffic on I-295.
For more than two and a half hours, traffic was only getting by in the far right lane of I-295 south, causing slow traffic throughout Orange Park along Blanding Boulevard and US-17.
All lanes were reopened just after 8:30 a.m. FHP is investigating the cause of the crash.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment