Series of Accidents Snarls Traffic on I-295 | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A series of accidents snarled traffic on Interstate 295 southbound, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
The first crash was reported in the southbound lanes just before Blanding Boulevard around 3:45 p.m. Sgt. Jimmy Goodbread with JSO said more accidents have continues to come in since 4:17 p.m.
Tom Francis, the spokesperson with Jacksonville Fire and Rescue, said they haven't received any calls for emergency assistance and at this point, it does not seem anyone has been injured.
Two southbound lanes of I-295 near Blanding were blocked for more than an hour but have since been reopened.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment