Bank robbery suspect caught in 4 minutes | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- A bank robbery suspect was arrested four minutes after he allegedly took money from an Orange Park bank Thursday.
The Clay County Sheriff's Office responded to the Compass Bank at in the 500 block of Blanding Blvd. in Orange Park after receiving a call about a robbery at 4:50 p.m.Thursday. By 4:54 p.m. the unidentified suspect was in custody.
According to CCSO, the suspect entered the bank and told the teller he was armed. He left the bank with an undetermined amount of money and was seen leaving the area on a bicycle that witnesses then saw placed into the bed of a truck.
The truck was spotted by CCSO on Blanding Blvd. not far from the bank. Deputies conducted a traffic stop in a parking lot and the suspect was arrested without incident, according to CCSO.
The investigation is ongoing.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment