Suspect in custody after claiming to have grenade | News
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- A portion of College Drive in Orange Park was closed Friday afternoon.
The Clay County Sheriff's Office responded to the 300 block of College Drive after 39-year-old James King claimed to have a grenade, according to a release from the CCSO.
King was later taken into custody.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office bomb squad also responded to examine the device King had in his possession.
After the investigation, it was determined that the device was fake.
King was arrested in 2005 for aggravated assault, according to the CCSO.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment