Missing 11-year-old found | News
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- An 11-year-old, who was reported missing by his mother Thursday morning, has been found.
The Clay County Sheriff's Office reports Ethan Rainey was spotted inside the WalMart on Blanding Boulevard Thursday afternoon.
He is in custody and will go home with his family after questioning.
Rainey's mother reported him missing around 8 a.m. Thursday. According to deputies, Rainey did not go to school and did not return home during the day.
Deputies say Rainey's mother believed her son may have run away. Because of his age, CCSO assigned a large team of deputies to the search, which centered in the Doctor's Lake area.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment