Three burglaries investigated at one elementary school | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The Clay County Sheriff's Office is investigating three different break-ins, at two Oakleaf area schools, in the past ten days.
Plantation Oaks Elementary was burglarized overnight Sunday. Police reports estimate
broken windows, discharged fire extinguishers and other vandalism at $6,000.
Students were allowed into their classrooms Monday after staff cleaned up broken glass and debris.
One week earlier May 12, Plantation Oaks Elementary was burglarized, resulting in approximately $3,000 in damage, according to the incident report.
During that same weekend, Oakleaf Junior High was vandalized somewhere between Friday, May 10 and Sunday, May 12.
CCSO is asking anyone with information about potential suspects to call 904-264-6512.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment