Navy Commander's death ruled a homicide | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The death of a Navy Commander found in a room at the Astoria Hotel on Feb. 12 was ruled a homicide, the Orange Park Police Department announced Wednesday.
The Jacksonville Medical Examiner's Office made the ruling on Feb. 13 in the death of Alphonso Doss, 44, of Pensacola, according to the release from the OPPD.
Doss' manner of death is not being released at this time while the OPPD and the Clay County Sheriff's Office investigate.
Doss reported to Naval Education and Training Command in Nov. 2011, according to the Navy.
While in Jacksonville, he was on Temporary Additional Duty orders at the Naval Aviation Technical Training Unit.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment