New twist in November 2012 murder case | Crime
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- A wanted murder suspect is behind bars in Clay County.
Joseph Clark Thompson, 23, was arrested Thursday and is facing a first degree murder charge relating to the Nov. 2012 robbery and killing of 49-year-old Andrew Stiekman.
Thompson, along with 22-year-old John Buskager, allegedly robbed and killed Stiekman at the Rodeway Inn in the 300 block of Park Ave. in Clay County.
The arrest report for Buskager said Stiekman's room appeared to have been straightened and that his wallet, cell phone and van were missing. Buskager is facing second degree murder charges related to Stiekman's death.
Thompson has been also charged with home invasion without a firearm or weapon and burglary. Thompson is currently being without bond.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment