11 Fleming Island High students charged in burglary of friend's home |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
FLEMING ISLAND, Fla. -- 11 Fleming Island High School students have been arrested and charged with burglary after breaking into a friend's home over the Memorial Day weekend.
All of the suspects will face juvenile court hearings on Wednesday at the Clay County Courthouse, according to Clay County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Mary Justino.
The juveniles were aware that a friend and his family was going to be out of town and took items totaling thousands of dollars, including three guns, Justino said.
One of those guns is still missing, Justino said. The other stolen guns, a 30-alt-6 rifle and a 12-gauge shotgun, were recovered. This is why most of the teens have been charged with armed burglary.
Their names have been released since they have been charged with felonies, but because the defendants are juveniles, First Coast News is not naming them.
Anyone with information about the remaining unrecovered gun is asked to contact the CCSO General Investigations Unit at 904-264-6512.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment