Some Comcast Customers Can't Watch TV | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Some Comcast cable customers on the Westside are sitting in black.
According to Comcast spokesperson Bill Ferry, several thousand customers can't watch tv.
Although he was not sure what caused the outage, Ferry explained that workers are trying to splice cable lines back together, and indicated that its a time-consuming process.
Word reached Ferry about the outage just before 5:30 Friday afternoon, but Ferry did not have a definitive answer as to when services would be restored.
Comcast Internet and telephone services are still up and running in that area, Ferry said.
Mel Calvert, who lives in Orange Park, said Comcast customer service representatives told him they were having power issues in their call center. He also said they told him the problem was also affecting customers in Fleming Island.
Upcoming Events near Orange Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment